Monday, September 28, 2009

To Kaleb..On his 18th Month



I absolutely cannot believe that my sweet little baby boy is a year and a half! Where (oh where!) has the time gone? Really, now.

To my baby boy..

Kaleb, you have brought Mommy & Daddy (along with your entire family) so much pure joy the last 18 (plus the nine in Mommy's tummy!) months. First things first. Thank you so much for the amazing little man that you are. Thank you for all the lovies, laughs, and "nice touchies". You light up so many lives in so many ways. I am so blessed to be the one you call Mommy.

I thought that I would share with you my favorite memories over the past year and a half. Know that all my time spent with you is my favorite, and I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with you every day and not have to work. The following are just some truly amazing times that I will always cherish.

The first moment I saw you sticks out in my head..but at that exact moment I was laying on a surgery table and not completely all there..the moment that I will never forget is the day after you were born, March 31, and Daddy pushed me in my wheelchair down to the nursery to properly meet you. You had a tube down your throat that scared the life out of me. I just wanted to hold you. It was so amazing to finally see you and get to spend time with you. I wanted to make you feel better and take you home.

Another day is your baptism day. After the colic and madness of the first three months, we were sure it would be a crazy day. You slept through the Mass, you were happy when you got baptized, and you just sat there drinking your bottle at lunch. You were the best little boy and we were so proud of you that day.

Your first Christmas was my best Christmas. I loved seeing your face on Christmas morning with all the toys under the tree. You did really great opening presents at home and at Grandpa & Gigi's house.

Your first birthday marked the beginning of a new chapter! The day of your birthday party, April 4, it was like you woke up and everything that had been bothering you the past year, was in the past. You turned into the happiest baby I have ever seen that day, and have stayed that way ever since.

Your second summer, the summer of 2009. We had so much fun playing in water and playing outside this year. You are so happy when there is water, and I love seeing your face like that. Even a bath can brighten your day!

Saturday, September 26, 2009. Just another day. We had a yard sale at Grandpa & Gigi's house all morning and then stayed over to hang out for a bit. When we came home it was time for a bath and bedtime. I rocked you in the rocking chair like I do every night, and sang you "Twinkle, Twinkle" then "Close Your Eyes" like we do every night. Then we had a little bit of lovies time and you sat up in my lap facing me and started giving my face "nice touches". After touching my face so soft, you took your binky out of your mouth, and put it in mine. You then put your milk cup to my mouth and, in your own words & motions, asked me to get into your crib with you. I did not want to put you to bed that night. I just wanted to sit there like that forever. You are so loving and so sweet, and you get more so every day.

Thank you sweet boy for the time we have had so far. I look forward to so many more memories with you and Daddy. You are growing so much and before I know it you will be two. Please always know how much we love you.


No comments: