Sunday, September 19, 2010

Diets, Christmas & Holding Hands

I have a million things running through my mind and finally have the chance to sit down and get it all out!  So let's not waste any time at all.

The diet is going way better than to be expected.  Gracie is 23 days old, and I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Which would be totally awesome, if I didn't want to lose 10-15 more pounds.  I'm thinking 15, so it gives me a little wiggle room.  But today, I even got my old jeans to buckle!  It's been hard earned, and I can't wait to see the results when I get to where I would like to be.  For those wondering, I am doing a sort of modified Special K diet.  I am eating the cereal for breakfast, and sometimes lunch.  Sometimes for lunch I have a salad.  Today I had some shredded pork roast and half a cantaloupe.  It's supposed to be the Special K stuff and fruit, two one-hundred calorie snacks a day, with a normal dinner.  If I have something for lunch other than the cereal, I don't have snacks.  I'm also pretty much only eating veggies and fruit and sometimes I'll have meat, depending on what it is.  I'm not breastfeeding, so the weight loss can't be attributed to that.  I also didn't lose all the weight from Kaleb until about six months post-partum, so I firmly believe the diet is really working.  We'll see in about two weeks, which is when Special K promises you'll be down a jean size.  I'm hoping for that, but might not get it since I can't just eat diet food all day long.  (Referring to the cereal.)  I can't wait until I get the go-ahead from the doctor to exercise.  I am pretty terrified, but I'm going to start the 30-Day Shred.

I officially started Christmas shopping tonight!  We have been looking at these Toy Story toys for Kaleb at Target.  He wants the Buzz Lightyear, but we are going to get him the Woody as well.  At Target, they are $49.99 each.  I was super excited when I saw them at Wal-Mart last night for $34.97 each.  So, then my brain got to thinking, and I ended up on The Disney Store's website, and scored them for $24.50 EACH!  That's two for the price of one (if I had just got them at Target like I would have!).  They are also having a pretty good sale and I got him two other toys, a shirt, and a Minnie Mouse sleeper for Gracie.  I already have three clothing items for Gracie (which weren't purchased for Christmas, but then I figured, what the heck!), so that gives her a couple things now.  I am so lost on what to get a three month old for Christmas.  I know she won't remember it as her first, but Roland and I will, and so will Kaleb.  I'm thinking her "big" present is going to be a walker that I wanted to get for her, but haven't yet.  I wish Santa would bring me this for Christmas!  I promise I have been a good girl this year!

The last thing I have on my mind is just the fact that I feel like I gained a baby and lost my husband.  I think the last time I had a full conversation with him was Wednesday...and it's Sunday.  Granted, he has worked a TON of overtime this week, so that has something to do with it.  It's just crazy.  Every time one goes down, one gets up.  Someone comes over, one of us leaves to run an errand, it's just insane.  I just want to sit on the couch and talk to him and hold his hand.  I'm not complaining, by any means.  I am very blessed to have two beautiful, healthy babies.  But that sweet man gave me these babies, and I just want to spend a little time with him.  I'm thinking this week, the extra laundry will have to wait..I'll be with my love. 

No comments: