Friday, June 18, 2010

5Q Friday

Haven't done one of these in a while!

1. What is your favorite thing about the summertime?
Absolutely nothing! I really dislike summer, in Fresno, because of the heat. Although, this summer we haven't been hit too bad yet. It's been nice since I'm seven months pregnant, but I know I still have the two hottest months to get through. I may like the 4th of July a little bit..but that all depends on the year and how it goes! Okay, and I really like summertime fruits!

2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money doesn't matter)?
Oh! I know this one! Newport Beach, CA. Roland and I randomly picked that for a vacation (our first over-night trip together, actually!), and we ended up getting engaged on the beach there. We really loved the town and the feel. It's a super expensive area though, so we have to save our pennies! Hopefully it happens one day!

3. Do you live in the same town that you grew up in?
Unfortunately, yes. I don't really like Fresno, and luckily neither does my husband. So any chance we get to move, we more than likely will.

4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult?
Biting my nails. I actually didn't quit until I got pregnant with Kaleb. I had always known how dirty it was, not to mention how ugly. I never could quit the habit. But once I was pregnant, I didn't want all those germies going into my mouth, so I quit and I haven't started up again.

5. What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you while on the job?
One night, while I was waitress-ing at Red Robin, my best friend at the time was sitting at one of my tables. She informed me that I had a hole in my shorts..I told her I knew, and carried about my night. Well ten minutes later, she was like, Mo, I don't think you know how bad it is. I didn't. I thought she was talking about the small hole on the leg of my shorts. No. Apparently I had split my shorts right down the back middle about two inches. We won't go into the kind of underwear I was wearing, but it was horrifying. Thankfully, she had some little shorts in her car that I put on under my khaki's for the rest of the night.

No comments: