Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Crafty Post

When I was decorating Kaleb's nursery, I wanted to do his name above his crib in wood letters.  We found the theme we went with, and I never ended up doing it, but still love the idea.  Well since this could be our last baby, I am getting out every little creative outlet that I want...including this idea.  I found a really great online craft website with excellent prices and got all of the letters ordered for Kaleb's name and Gracie's, since they are sharing a room.  I am going to paint them a chocolate brown, and add cream colored polka dots.  I also want to look into getting some ribbon to hang them, which would also tie into the dresser that I am going to do, considering you tie ribbon onto the handles.   Here is a picture of my inspiration for the dresser.

The only difference I want is I won't be doing different colored ribbon for each handle.  I am going to use my old dresser from my mom's that is in good condition, but needs a fresh coat of paint.  I plan on getting new crystal-ish handles for it as well.  The more I talk about this room, the more I realize I need to get on it!  At least the letters for the wall are ordered, and I think by the end of next week I'll be able to think seriously about the dresser.  I can't wait until I get all of my ideas done and see the room complete! 

No comments: