Saturday, February 6, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

First, let me start by saying that I got this idea from Nap Time Journal.  I am a follower of hers, and I just love her arts and crafts.  But while admiring this template, I thought to myself, "I don't need to buy that...I should be able to do that myself.".  I have probably had it bookmarked ever since she posted it.  Earlier today I pulled up my bookmarks, came across it, and said, what the heck?!
I did it in probably an hour.  I just free-handed all of the parts and then went to work.  My mother-in-law gave me a picture frame for Christmas that I hadn't put anything in yet, and since I am a mama that scrapbooks, I already had all the supplies in my craft closet.  I am pretty happy with the way that it came out.  I obviously used too much glue because some of the paper wrinkled up a bit, but for the first time, I am really happy with it.
The frame is going to be used as decoration in the kiddie room.  We have already started re-decorating what is right now Kaleb's room, but once the baby is here, will be both of their room.  This little idea fits in perfect..can't wait until I make the owl mobile for the baby that I found on Etsy!  I'm really enjoying putting my craftiness into something other than scrapbooking.  It's a really nice change, and a  lot of fun!

m.

No comments: